Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Lingerie Inspired

Here I am with another card for the Hope You Can Cling to Challenge on As the title indicates, it is inspired by lingerie, so here is my inspiration.

Of course, when I'm creating I always find time to make a few other cards, so here they are:

Saturday, October 23, 2010

This Week in My World

I have been pretty busy since last I blogged.  My 87 year old mother went back into the hospital on Monday afternoon, and most of my nights have been spent at UCLA, sleeping on a very comfortable sofa.  I must say, the new hospital, The Ronald Reagan Medical Center, is top of the line. My mother had her own room, bathroom included, and in addition to the sofa/bed, there was also a recliner you could sleep in (if so inclined).  What I found interesting is that the hospital is now a 24 hour facility, so I didn't have to get there right after work.  Instead, I came home and took care of my business, then went to the hospital about 7:00 p.m.

In all of this, I found time to make (and finish) few cards. Here they are:

Saturday, October 16, 2010

I was hoping to take part in another challenge this week from Stampin' Sisters in Christ, but my schedule has just been too hectic and I couldn't get around to making the card I wanted to enter in the challenge.  Oh well, I guess I will pass on this one and be on the lookout for next week's.  In the meantime, I had a few friends call and ask if I would make a birthday and thank you cards for them, so I'm working on those.

One of my cousins is celebrating his 75th birthday and I made a few cards in his honor.  Here they are:

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

"Hope You Can Cling To"

I was inspired to make this card after checking out the "Hope You Can Cling To" challenge on Splitcoaststampers. I chose to create a Christmas card for my challenge as Christmas is very special to me (I was born in December) and the season signifies and spells H.O.P.E. to me.

Here are some other cards I made yesterday.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Busy Weekend


What a busy weekend I have had.  What with taking care of my mother who is recovering from health challenges this week, going to praise and worship service and making cards, I'm exhausted!  Mind you, I'm not complaining.

Today I was able to sit down and put together some new cards based on techniques I have been meaning to work on.  I am also trying to take part in a challenge from Stampin' Sisters in Christ.  Here are a few of the cards I have been working on.  Forgive the quality of the photos. I need a new camera and I am putting one on my wish list for the holidays.

The fist photo is one I made using the leaves left over from an invitation I made.  The invitation had two yellow roses.  I cut the leaves off from the roses and instead of throwing them away, I attached them to a card, colored a few of them with an orange marker, applied diamond glitter, and attached the words: "Falling Leaves", which I cut using MTC and my Cricut.  Here is the card.

"In the Beginning..."

Genesis 1:

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

This weekend I was working on two projects.  The first is finished.  One of my church sisters asked if I could make a centerpiece for a table fashioned as a teapot.  This sister and another member of my church will be attending a tea program and she wanted a centerpiece to represent the ladies' from the church. So, I tried to find ideas on how to create this centerpiece.

My research didn't provide me with anything I could use, so I decided to go to the Make the Cut (MTC) forum to see if I could find a teapot I could cut and fashion into a table sign.

Using a teapot design I found in MTC, I sized it to a size I felt would stand out on the table. I used the shadow layer as the background for the teapot.  This is what the MTC file looks like.

I then cut out all parts of the teapot twice in two different shades of green (as requested) and made a scalloped label with the church group's name.  Once I had all parts cut and pasted together, I stamped the
body of the teapot with a flower stamp using Tsukineko's Dew Drop ink (Galaxy Gold). I used Stickles glitter glue (gold) to add bling to the card, then attached the labels with pop-up dots. Once all parts were attached, I glued together the top of the teapot, and the spout.  Once dry, I was able to place the sign on the table to see if it would stand on its own.  Below is the final product.



Friday, October 1, 2010

Just an Update

Hi all,

I'm just stopping by to let you know I'm working on a new project and once it is finished I will post for you to see.  In the meantime, click here for today's Daily Devotional.

Have a blessed day!